March 15, 2013 | By a Minghui correspondent from Heilongjiang Province, China
Name: Yin Haizhu(尹海珠)
Address: 24 Group, Baowei Community, Qianjin District, Jiamusi City
Occupation: Bank employee
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 27, 2006
Most recent place of detention: Heilongjiang Women’s Prison(黑龙江省女子监狱)
City: Haerbin City
Province: Heilongjiang Province
Persecution Suffered: Detention, fired from workplace, hands up and down handcuffed, brutal beatings, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, denied visitation, forcibly “transformed”, torture, long-term standing, denial of restroom use, sleep deprivation, solitary confinement, being shackled to the ground.
(Minghui.org) Yin Haizhu, a former employee from Jiamusi City Industrial and Commercial Bank has been arrested five times and sentenced to 10 years in prison for her belief in Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance. She is still imprisoned and suffers brutal persecution at the Heilongjiang Province Female Prison.
Yin Haizhu lived in the 24 Group, Baowei Community, Qianjin District, Jiamusi City. She worked in the Xilin Branch of the Jiamusi City Industrial and Commercial Bank. She previously suffered from the chronic illness hepatitis B, but after practicing Falun Gong, she fully recovered. She benefited both physically and mentally. However as she remained steadfast in her faith, she suffered repeated persecution. Her husband divorced her. The local police station would not allow her to register her residential account. She was dismissed from Jiamusi City Industrial and Commercial Bank by the end of 1999 and the beginning of 2000.
I. Arrested five times
In July 1999, Yin Haizhu went to Beijing to appeal according to the law. She wanted to support Falun Gong. She was detained at the Jiamusi Detention Center for two months and later she was transferred to the Huachuan Detention Center.
In March 2000, Yin Haizhu was arrested by police from the Jiamusi Police Department Qianjin Branch while working at the Jiamusi Department Store. She was then detained at the Jiamusi City Detention Center, but because she was pregnant, she was released a few days later.
In September 2000, Yin Haizhu went to Beijing to appeal again. She was arrested. She was released again because she was pregnant.
On December 13, 2002, police officer Chen Wanyou from Jiamusi City Police Station brought police from Qianjin branch and Nangang police station to break into Falun Gong practitioner Wang Dongxia’s home. They arrested Wang Dongxia and her husband. Then they arranged several police officers to wait at their home. Later, they arrested Yin Haizhu who went to visit Wang Dongxia. At Jiamusi Police Department Qianjin Branch, police officers adopted extremely brutal methods to persecute Yin Haizhu. Police officers handcuffed both hands and constantly beat her. They would not allow her to go to sleep for a whole night. The next day after 6 a.m., Yin Haizhu escaped from the six floor of the Qianjin branch even while she was guarded by three people.
On the evening of February 27, 2006, seven police officers from Jiefanglu police station of Hegang Police Department Gongdong branch in Heilongjiang Province arrested Yin Haizhu and sent her to the Hegang City No. 2 Detention Center. In the detention center, Yin Haizhu protested with a hunger strike.
In early April 2006, Yin Haizhu was transferred to the Hegang City No. 1 Detention Center. According to an insider, because of persecution, Yin Haizhu is emaciated and dying. Even under such conditions, Hegang Police Department Gongnong branch authorities still refused her family’s attempt to visit her. On April 27, 2006, Yin Haizhu’s mother went to the Domestic Security Division of Gongnong branch and talked to the people in charge, Ji Jianjun and Yuan, and asked them to allow her to see Yin Haizhu. These two people told her to talk to their leaders. Yin Haizhu’s mother went to talk to He Qingyan, the director of Gongnong branch. He Qingyan told her that assistant director Dong was responsible for that case. Yi’s mother then went to see the assistant director Dong, and he did not want to see her. According to the insider, police officers from the Hegang Police Department Gongnong branch, the key unit that participated in the persecution of Yin Haizhu, were very arrogant and rude. Among them, Li Shujiang, the assistant director of Gongnong branch, was the worst.
II. Sentenced for Ten Years Is Suffering Persecution at Heilongjiang Women’s Prison
According to a report from the Minghui website on November 12, 2006, Yin Haizhu was sentenced to ten years by the Gongnong District Court of Hegang City during the 2nd trial. They did not notify her family. A few days before the trial, Yin Haizhu’s elder sister went to the detention center to see her, but the detention center would not allow her to visit. During the time while Yin Haizhu was imprisoned, the direct and indirect economic losses for her family were over 20,000 yuan. The persecution brought great pain and mental stress to her parents, her child, and her elder brother. Her child could not see her mom when she was young.
After Yin Haizhu was sentenced to ten years, she was detained at the Heilongjiang Women’s Prison. In 2006, Liu Zhiqiang, the deputy warden from Heilongjiang Female Prison went to Changchun Female Prison to learn evil persecution methods. After returning to Heilongjiang Female Prison, he set up No. 9 and No. 11 Jail Districts, which were mainly focusing on persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. That was called “mandatory Conversion”. The most evil police officers and criminals from the entire prison were transferred to the No. 9 and No. 11 Jail Districts to participate in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
In that situation, Heilongjiang Province Female Prison sent Yin Haizhu to the No. 9 Jail District. This district adopted various methods of persecution:
- Newly detained Falun Gong practitioners first locked in the confinement for forced “transformation”. Each cell room had one newly arrested Falun Gong practitioner who was under the control of four or five criminals and suffered persecution there. The glass window on the door was covered by a piece of white cloth and revealed a three inch long and one inch wide rectangular hole. People inside the cell couldn’t see the outside. However people outside could see in. Prison guards walked back and forth and monitored the movements of each cell room. This area is isolated and becomes a prison inside a prison.
- Sitting on a small stool. This is one of the most brutal tortures in the female prison. Yin Haizhu was forced to sit on a very short and narrow stool and not allowed to move a bit. In the meantime, she was insulted and verbally abused by criminals from the No. 9 Jail District: Xiao Lihua, Wei Dong, Zhao Tiexia, etc. Sitting on a small stool is an extremely cruel torture. The body weight is totally on the buttock area. Sitting there for a long time would cause terrible pain each second. The small stool’s surface would embed into the flesh.
- Practitioners were forced to stand for a long time as a punishment, from 5:30 a.m. till 3:30 the next morning. Such a long time standing made Falun Gong practitioners’ whole bodies swell and they could not put on their shoes. They could not bend their legs and walked with great difficulty. Some practitioners could not stand steadily. The criminals who monitored practitioners would take turns in holding up those practitioners to keep standing until they agreed to be “transformed.”
- Practitioners were not allowed to use the restroom or go to sleep for a long time. Sometimes some practitioners had to urinate in their pants. If they fell asleep, the criminals who monitored them would use a toothpick to poke their eyes and eyelid. They would keep playing CDs that slandered Falun Gong and force practitioners to read books that attack Falun Gong and discredit the founder of Falun Gong. These books were written by collaborators Wang Zhigang and Song Jianfeng and others (those books are used as tools in persecuting Falun Gong in various prisons and forced labor camps), and torture Falun Gong practitioners mentally.
- They would not allow Yin Haizhu to contact other Falun Gong practitioners. She was not allowed to write letters to her family. The criminals arranged to monitor her would be at her side all the time, even when she was brushing her teeth, or washing her clothes.
- She was restricted in using the restroom. Falun Gong practitioners have to wait for their turns to use the restroom and with limited time. For criminal offenders, they can use the restroom whenever they want. Yin Haizhu was persecuted in such an evil environment for over one year. Later she was transferred to the No. 3 Jail District for further persecution.
On July 6, 2012, Heilongjiang Province Female Prison started another persecution movement to transform Falun Gong practitioners. They selected one steadfast Falun Gong practitioner from eight production jail districts and sent them to the No. 9 and No. 11 Jail Districts to go through the so-called “transformation.” Yin Haizhu was detained at the No. 9 Jail District, but even in that evil environment, Yin Haizhu still did not give up her belief. By the end of October, the jail district persecuted her in solitary confinement. That is a cruel torture: She was handcuffed to a ring on the ground while sitting on an icy cold wooden bed board, with one pair of thin socks, no comforter. She could only use the restroom three times a day and was given three meals of porridge and pickles. There was no heating system in the confinement area and it was extremely cold. Especially at night, the lowest temperature in Heilongjiang could get to ten degrees below zero centigrade. Falun Gong practitioners detained in confinement spent their time shivering. The painful condition is hard to describe.
Those people who participated in the persecution are: Tao Shuping, the captain of the No. 9 Jail District, and Pu Yu, the assistant captain; Wang Yali, the captain of the No. 11 Jail District, and Tao Dandan, the assistant captain; Criminals who participated in the persecution are: Cui Xiang, Yu Guohua, etc. After Bai Yingxian, the warden took office, those who participate in the persecution are: Sun Wei, the captain of the No. 9 Jail District, Wang Shanshan and Dong Lihua, the assistant captain, police officer Wang Xiaoqi, Shang Dongwei, Fan Tingting, and police officer Gao, etc.
The above persecution facts were transmitted after passing through several channels, including some memories from Falun Gong practitioners who were detained there and recalled what kind of persecution Yin Haizhu suffered. Because Yin Haizhu is still detained, more brutal persecution facts still cannot be revealed. We appeal to the international human rights organizations to pay attention to her case.
Chinese version available
CATEGORY: Accounts of Persecution