Mr. Liu Jingjun from Liaoyuan City Sentenced to 11 Years in Prison

March 06, 2013 | By a Minghui correspondent from Jilin Province, China

( The Xi’an District Court of Liaoyuan City sentenced Mr. Liu Jingjun to 11 years in prison during a secret session. He has submitted an appeal. He is being detained in the Liaoyuan Detention Center.

Mr. Liu Jingjun

Mr. Liu Jingjun was born in 1972 and lives in the Longshan District of Liaoyuan, Jilin Province. He developed vertebral tuberculosis in September 1998. His back was so painful that he had to bend over 90 degrees. He had major surgery to scrape the vertebra and required 17 stitches to close the incision. He could not turn over or take care of himself. The doctor told him that he had to rest in bed for one year and take anti-tuberculosis drugs for three years. The medicine had side-effects affecting the liver, kidney, and nerves for hearing and vision. Staying in bed and the side-effects of the medicines caused him to almost lose his hearing. His eyes often teared, his abdomen was swollen, and his arms and legs were thin. He completely lost the ability to work.

Mr. Liu was fortunate to obtain the Fa in the beginning of 1999. Several months later, his health was restored. His back straightened and his hearing returned to normal. He had plenty of energy. He treasured Dafa very much. Miracles appeared in his home time after time. Two more members of his family entered cultivation.

Mr. Liu follows Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Falun Dafa helped him to understand that the meaning of human life is to return to one’s original, true self. He always considers others and never takes advantage of anyone. At that time, he made a living by riding a pedicab. He could earn about ten yuan per day. One day he saw an elderly man riding a bicycle fall down. His head bled. Mr. Liu took the man to a hospital, registered him, and informed his family. When his family arrived, the man said Mr. Liu bumped him, causing him to fall off. Eventually, Mr. Liu paid about 2000 yuan for the man’s medical expenses. Later on, people told him not to take care of such things anymore. He said, “How could I be regarded as a Falun Gong practitioner if I did not help people in distress?” Before he practiced Falun Gong, he cheated a family that bought coal from him, giving them less than they had paid for. After he practiced, he returned the difference to the family when he met them again. He collected empty fruit boxes as a business. His clients trusted him and kept the empty boxes for him to pick up. One day, he found a plastic bag in one of the boxes he collected. He opened it and saw tens of thousands of yuan in cash. He returned the bag to the client immediately.

On the morning of July 1, 2012, plainclothes officers from Nankang Branch of Liaoyuan Police Department got Mr. Liu to open his door by pretending they were installing doorbells. Mr. Liu and his wife, Kang Limin, were taken away. The police searched their home and confiscated a computer, printer, bank book, and some cash.

Director Jiang of Nankang Branch ordered about ten people to take turns beating Mr. Liu to try to force him to give other practitioners’ names, when and where they met, and what they had done. Mr. Liu’s head was covered with a black bag. His hands and neck bled. He was covered with wounds. The police shocked him with an electric baton until there was no charge. The police also fed him mustard oil and kicked his genitals. He Kun, director of Liaoyuan Police Department, was present at the time. Two days later, Mr. Liu was transferred to the Liaoyuan Detention Center. When his son, Liu Xinyu, saw him in his cell, he noticed many injuries on his face, and his hands and feet had cuts caused by handcuffs and shackles.

Officers from Dongji Branch of Liaoyuan Police Department went to Changchun and arrested Mr. Liu’s 17-year-old son, Liu Xinyu, and six other practitioners on July 1, 2012. At about 1 a.m. the next day, the practitioners were taken back to the Dongji Branch of Liaoyuan Police Department. The police interrogated them, beat them, and shocked them with electric batons. The practitioners were transferred to the Liaoyuan Detention Center (where his father was) at 10 p.m. The detention center forced the practitioners to do slave labor, gluing colored plastic paper onto toothpicks. Everyone had to finish at least 5,000 toothpicks per day. The practitioners had to work from morning to night. There was no day off. Mr. Liu Xinyu was released on July 27, 2012. His mother, Kang Limin, was put on probation.

On November 27, 2012, the Xi’an District Court tried 13 Falun Gong practitioners, including Mr. Liu Jingjun and Mr. Wang Guoxiang. The trial was held in the Liaoyuan Detention Center. The practitioners hired two attorneys from Beijing, but court officials did not allow them to enter. In the morning, only one family member was allowed to be present at the proceedings. In the afternoon, two family members were allowed in. The police occupied most of the seats, looking as if they were in a dangerous situation. Every family member allowed to attend had to go through a security check. The police said it would be too much trouble to record the proceedings. Mr. Liu Jingjun tried to defend himself, but the judge interrupted him and didn’t allow him to speak.

Contact information:
Liaoyuan Police Department
Liu Wei, director: +86-437-3227699(Office), +86-4373320599(Home), +86-18904375001(Cell)
He Kun, deputy director: +86-4373257955(Office), +86-13351560111(Cell)
Ma Da from Liaoyuan Domestic Security Division:+86-13504379737(Cell)

Please refer to the original Chinese text for more names and telephone numbers.

Chinese version available

CATEGORY: Accounts of Persecution


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s