The Continuing Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Wenling City, Zhejiang Province

February 27, 2014 | By a Minghui correspondent from Zhejiang Province, China

( The Wenling City 610 Office and Police Department ordered a large scale arrest of Falun Gong practitioners in the city and surrounding areas at 5:00 a. m. on September 1, 2009. A dozen plainclothes officers broke into 45-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Xu Zhengli’s apartment and forced her into a police vehicle. She was taken to Chengbei Street Police Station in Wenling City and locked in a room.

Several young men later tried to force Ms. Xu into a small cell. There were seven or eight men in the cell wearing nothing but shorts. Ms. Xu grabbed the door frame and refused to enter the cell. These men grabbed her by the hair and slapped her. They hit her hands until the flesh on the backs of her hands was scraped away and the bones were showing. She was covered in bruises, and the men accused her of disrupting their naps.

Tortures Ms. Xu Suffered

The police took her to Wenling City Detention Center at around 6:00 p. m. She was locked in a small cell without a window. She was put on a tiger bench and immobilized with handcuffs and shackles. If she fell asleep, the guards hit her with a wooden baton or kicked her to wake her up. They put a 2,000-watt light in front of her face and forced her eyes open. As a result of shackling, her feet became badly swollen. She was fed a liquid mix containing unknown drugs. This torture continued for seven days.

In the Wenling Detention Center, she was forced to take cold showers during the winter time. She was also forced to perform slave labor. If she couldn’t make her quota, the guards would not receive bonuses, so she was punished with beatings, sleep deprivation, and verbal abuse. After she was in the detention center for 11 months, the court sentenced her to prison.

Torture re-enactment: Riding an airplane

Ms. Xu was taken to the Zhejiang Province Women’s Prison. When she refused to write a guarantee statement renouncing Falun Dafa, the guards started to torture her. They forced her to sit still on a small bench, and tried to brainwash her. Other prisoners were instigated to hold her down on the ground and sit on her. If she refused to cooperate, she wasn’t allowed to use the toilet. She was tortured with the “riding an airplane” torture. She was lifted her up by her arms and dropped suddenly on a floor covered with nails. She couldn’t sleep for a month and fainted three times.

The drugs that were fed to Ms. Xu caused pain in her head and chest. She had a very hard time breathing. The guards asked the medical staff to monitor Ms. Xu’s blood pressure intermittently to make sure that she wasn’t dying before they continued the tortures.

Ms. Xu was tortured for four months and sustained tremendous physical trauma. She eventually signed the statements renouncing Falun Dafa against her will because she could no longer stand the tortures.

A year later Ms. Xu regretted and negated what she said in the statements. The guards had the prisoners torture her for another two months. She was still forced to perform slave labor.

After three years and four months of torture, Ms. Xu was released. To avoid further harassment and persecution, Ms. Xu left her home to avoid further persecution, and is currently destitute.

Other Cases of Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Wenling City:

1. Ms. Ling Zhao, 65, is from Wugen Township, Chengxi, Wenling City. She was taken to the Sanmen County Police Station on February 22, 2000. That same day, Ma Xiaojun from Jiangxia Police Station and Zhong Zhengjun from Wugen Township took her to Jiangxia Police Station and locked her in a small room. She was detained there for four days until February 26, then transferred back to Wugen Township. After 22 days of detention, she suffered a heart attack and was released.

Police from Jiangxia Police Station later arrested her and searched her house. Her Falun Dafa books and tapes were confiscated. She was taken to Wenling City Detention Center and released the next day.

She was taken to a brainwashing center at 10:00 p.m. on September 14, 2010. There she was followed and monitored by two people around the clock, even when she used the toilet. She was forced to practice other qigong, listen to a nun lecturing, watch videos that slandered Falun Dafa, and listen to agents from the 610 Office who defamed Falun Dafa. She was detained and brainwashed for a month before being released.

2. Ms. Jiang Xiuqing, 67, is from Ruoheng Town. The authorities detained her many times because she practiced Falun Dafa, and searched her home and confiscated her personal belongings. Dai Xianfa, chief of Wenling City 610 Office and the Police Department, ordered Ms. Jiang’s arrest and torture.

The police arrested Ms. Jiang in 2004, and took her to Xinhe Town Police Station. She was later transferred to Ruoheng Town Police Station, handcuffed in a police car. The police kept her up overnight and interrogated her the next day until 5:00 p.m. She was taken to Wenling City Detention Center and incarcerated for three days before being transferred to Luqiao District Detention Center in Taizhou City and detained for another 28 days. She was then transferred to Jiaojiang District Brainwashing Center in Taizhou City, where the torture continued.

When Ms. Jiang visited a practitioner in summer 2009, police from the Huangyan District Police Station in Taizhou City arrested her. She was interrogated from noon to midnight, and asked to reveal the names of other practitioners. She refused to cooperate.

Officers from Ruoheng Police Station, and Huang Yuanliang and Jiang Zhiguo from Ruoheng General Administrative Office, seized Ms. Jiang and locked her in the Huangshan Brainwashing Center of Wenling City on the evening of September 14, 2010. The guards there forced her to watch videos that slandered Falun Dafa, and threatened her, trying to force her to give up her practice.

3. Ms. Pan Yulan is in her seventies. The authorities have constantly harassed and threatened her in attempts to make her give up Falun Dafa. Ms. Pan was staying with her daughter one evening in November 2003, when the police ambushed her outside of her daughter’s house, and arrested her when she came out. She was locked in the Jiaojiang District Brainwashing Center of Taizhou City. The guards forced her to watch Chinese communist regime’s propaganda videos, videos that slandered Falun Dafa, and videos of other religious practices.

Five people from Ruoheng Town Police Station broke into Ms. Pan’s house during the afternoon of April 28, 2004. They searched her house, confiscated her belongings including her son’s computer, and then took her to a police station. Ms. Pan was locked in the police station for a day. The police threatened to torture her if she didn’t reveal the names of other practitioners. While her children were waiting to see her at the front door of the police station at 3:00 p. m. the next day (April 29), the police took her out through the back door to Luqiao District Detention Center in Taizhou City.

Ms. Pan’s children went to see Wenling City Mayor Wang Fusheng and chief of the Veterans’ Bureau Yu Zhen on the next day, April 30. They told the two officials about the police sneaking their mother to a detention center. They told them how their mother had saved the city a lot of trouble by being a good person. The two agreed and approved her release. However, Dai Xianfa, head of the 610 Office, refused to comply. Ms. Pan was tortured in Luqiao District Detention Center for six months before being released.

4. Ms. Zhang Minzhi, who is in her sixties, is from Taiping Town, Wenling City. Chen Xiabing from Taiping Town Police Station and several other officers arrested Ms. Zhang and her husband (not a practitioner) in September 2001, and locked them overnight in the police station. They were then sent to a detention center where they were tortured for over two months. Their house was searched several times and their belongings confiscated. Those who participated in the persecution include Sun Jianhua from the Political Security Division, and Dai Xianfa from the 610 Office.

Yang Lian’gen from Taiping Police Station brought several people to Ms. Zhang’s workplace in May 2004. She was taken back to the police station and detained overnight. Li Guoqing from Taiping Street Office took her and practitioner Ms. Lin Huiguo to Jiaojiang District Brainwash Center in June and tortured them for a month.

Wang Yueping, head of Taiping Street Office, and Hu Guifu from the Armed Department of Taiping Street Office abducted Ms. Zhang and practitioner Ms. Han Juxiang and took them to the Taiping Street Office on May 15, 2011. The two practitioners were later taken to the Xinchang Brainwashing Center in Zhejiang Province and tortured for almost two months.

The authorities abducted Ms. Zhang on April 22, 2013, and detained her for seven days.

Parties involved in the persecution:
Ying Zhonghua (應中華), chief of the Wenling City Police Department in Zhejiang Province
Lin Bo (林波), deputy captain of the Domestic Security Division of the Wenling City Police Department in Zhejiang Province: 86-13957616066 (Cell)
Dai Xianfa (戴憲法), chief of the Weling City 610 Office: 86-576-86126368 (Office), 86-13958693198 (Cell)

Please refer to the original Chinese text for more names and telephone numbers.

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s