June 27, 2015
(Minghui.org) A resolution condemning the state-sanctioned organ harvesting in China was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on June 25. The resolution calls upon the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to immediately end the practice and end the 16-year-long persecution of Falun Gong.
The title of the resolution as introduced is: “Expressing concern regarding persistent and credible reports of systematic, state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience in the People’s Republic of China, including from large numbers of Falun Gong practitioners and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups.”
Be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives—
(1) condemns the practice of state-sanctioned forced organ harvesting in the People’s Republic of China;
(2) calls on the Government of the People’s Republic of China and Communist Party of China to immediately end the practice of organ harvesting from all prisoners of conscience;
(3) demands an immediate end to the 16-year persecution of the Falun Gong spiritual practice by the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the Communist Party of China, and the immediate release of all Falun Gong practitioners and other prisoners of conscience;
(4) encourages the United States medical community to help raise awareness of unethical organ transplant practices in China;
(5) calls on the People’s Republic of China to allow a credible, transparent, and independent investigation into organ transplant abuses; and
(6) calls on the United States Department of State to conduct a more detailed analysis on state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience in the annual Human Rights Report, and report annually to Congress on the implementation of section 1182f of title 8, United States Code, barring provision of visas to Chinese and other nationals engaged in coerced organ or bodily tissue transplantation.
The resolution was initiated by representatives Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) and Gerald Connolly (D-VA), and was co-sponsored by representatives Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), Ted Poe (R-TX), Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Julia Brownley (D-CA), Sam Farr (D-CA), and David G. Valadao (R-CA), thus far.
It was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, and in addition, to the Committee on the Judiciary.
Statement by Ros-Lehtinen: “The Chinese regime’s gruesome practice of organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners and other prisoners of conscience is a barbarous violation of human rights and must be stopped. All people have the inherent and fundamental human right to practice their spiritual beliefs without fear of harassment, including Falun Gong followers. China should immediately end its systematic campaign of propaganda, imprisonment, and abuse against those who practice Falun Gong, release all prisoners of conscience, and allow an independent investigation into its state-sanctioned organ harvesting. I urge all my colleagues in the House to join Gerry and myself in cosponsoring and passing this resolution to help draw attention to the horrific human rights abuses, treatment, and persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.”
Statement by Connolly: “In the face of international condemnation, the Chinese Communist Party continues its brutal campaign against the spiritual movement of Falun Gong. The movement’s peaceful practitioners are persecuted and live in constant fear of state-sponsored abuse. This resolution advocates on behalf of their basic human rights and freedom and I hope my colleagues will continue to support strong advocacy on behalf of Falun Gong practitioners.”
Category: Voices of Support Worldwide